Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

#SOCsunday
Where did the weekend go? I have not had a good, fun weekend in a while. It was nice to meet friends for lunch, go to a baby shower, talk about life, and be encouraged by a friend. Truth be told, I have been down lately. You see, Texas is cutting their education budget my millions. Teachers are being laid off and doom is around. I get tired of being told "oh you won't have a job" in the fall or "you know budgets are being cut" all week long. Thank you, people for the news flash but please stop shoving it down my throat. I get that it is bad but I am hearing it at school, from my homefront, and with friends. It gets exhausting and, kind of, drowning to hear it daily.

Don't get me wrong, I realize it is a BIG deal. BUT when your superintendent, principal, teacher, and teachers around you talk about it daily, it gets old. I realize there will be competition and doom, but please remember that we are all human and we do get overwhelmed with a lot of bad information.

On Saturday night, I watched Fireproof and Facing the Giants. They were both on television. I had never seen Fireproof before and was glad I watched it. I ended up having a good cry, for both movies, and was really encouraged by a friend. It was something I needed and had success with. Debi truly rocks my world and we "watched" Facing the Giants together via twitter comments. It was like she was right there holding my hand and crying with me. It was much needed.

No comments: