No one asks to have food allergies. Food allergies, typically, occur in children. However, adults can have food allergies as well and that is what I've been blessed with. I currently deal with multiple food allergies. It isn't easy but there are some great resources out there and available to you. The top or "big 8" allergens in the United States include soy, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, milk, egg, and wheat. Some, like me, are allergic to more than just the common eight.
What foods I'm allergic to: soy, wheat and gluten, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, modified starches, and buckwheat.
General food allergy resources:
* Food Allergies: what you need to know
* Starter Guide for finding out about Food Allergies
* What is anaphylaxis?
* Food Allergy Action plan template 1
* Food Allergy Action plan template 2
Avoidance lists for:
* Egg allergy
* Milk allergy
* Peanut allergy
* Tree nut allergy
* Soy allergy
* Wheat allergy
* Sesame allergy
* Online support forums for parents of food allergic children (free)
Food Allergy websites:
* Kids with Food Allergies Foundation (favorite site)
* FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education)