Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stream of Consciousness-not Father's day for us

#SOCsunday

My dad's job often takes him to other countries and states. He works so hard and provides for our family well. But you know what...he's not even home for Father's day this year. He's in Germany for the second time this month. It's hard with him traveling so much this year.

Last week, before he left, he said "I haven't seen you for three nights. What've you been up to? Where have you been?" It's true, though, that I go to bed early and he was at business dinners some. But it's funny how we can live, sleep, and breathe in the same house but not see eachother for three nights. Granted, he's like 50 steps away from me, but that face-to-face interaction is still needed.

While my relationship with my dad has always been pretty good, I conside the face-to-face conversations the best with him. Plus they mean the world to him. {I can tell by the smile on his face.}

I participated in All things Fadra's Stream of Consciousness Sunday. This post is in the raw and unedited.


No comments: