Thursday, January 13, 2011

I need a do over for today

Today has not been a good day. I wish I could kiss my Sensory Processing Disorder goodbye sometimes. It irritates me to no end. Today was one of those days. I desperately need new clothes for student teaching. I mean, I have a few sweaters and pants, but need clothes and "new" clothes. Problem(s): I have SPD and everything has to be extremely SOFT (think baby soft), am sensitive to smells and noise, don't like loud music, and am just overwhelmed, in general, with the whole experience.

My mom was nice enough to go to the stores with me but I got really emotional and fast. I try, I really do, but it's a difficult thing for me. I haven't got new clothes in a few years and am due but the getting there is the difficult thing.

I am not trying to complain. I am just venting. Shopping, for me, has never been a favorite. SPD is something I will always have but I wish it was not so ever present.

No comments: