Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's a curse and a blessing all in one

First I have to say thank you to all of you who have told me to get better. I have really appreciated your kind and thoughtful words. Today, I was finally starting to feel better but I have been wheezing and coughing really bad. So I went to see my wonderful and favorite doctor who did not like my "junky," his medical word, sound in my chest. SO I had a chest xray and long behold...I have pneumonia & fluid around both eardrums. Well ain't that just fine and dandy...NOT.

But I do have to say that Dr. Wonderful upped my steroids (prednisone), gave me a strong, kick butt antibiotic (Levaquin), and also gave me a prescription for Diflucan just in case the antibiotic gives me another kind of issue. I will also continue my nebulizer treatments every four hours. Yippee for me! So from the medication standpoint, I am set.

The curse may be that I have little to no immune system due to the already prescribed steroids that I am still on from the flu(s) and an URI AND am on a (supposed) break, but the blessing is that I am not having to miss school for these illnesses. Kind of a curse and a blessing at the same time...but I will take it and not miss school thankyouverymuch!

If you would keep me in your prayers for a quick, yet full, recovery I would appreciate it.

No comments: