Monday, July 20, 2009

Favorite Recipe or dish with Bloghop

Ok, so if you are new to my blog, WELCOME! If you are not, then you know by know that I ADORE to cook. Being a college student during the fall/spring allows me time to become creative and express myself on a whole new level. One of my favorite recipe's is Black Bean Stew. It is easy to make, throw in the crock pot, and just leave it to cook. It is easy, quick, and relatively inexpensive as well!

Black Bean Stew: makes about 8 servings...great leftovers

3 or 4 15oz cans black beans, drained
1.5 cups finely chopped onion
1.5 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
1.5 cups chopped celery
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp grounded thyme
1.5 tsp oregano
1.5 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional...it gives a BIG kick if wanted)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
2 cups broth (chicken or veggie)

Put everything in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Mine says that 6 hours was high, but just do what ever your crock pot has. Serve with brown/white rice.

This is a HUGE hit in my home as I store it in the refrigerator for several days and just make more rice as need. Easy to make on a cold day or just when life throws you one curve ball after another. ENJOY!!!


MckLinky Blog Hop



No comments: