Monday, March 16, 2009

Struggling with MY FAITH

For about a month, I have been struggling. I am finally ready to let you know why. About two months ago, I had to quit my Sunday job at a church. I believe that I lost a piece of my heart then. Yes I had to because of my 19 course hours, but it has been tough. Each Sunday, I would talk and get my feelings/concerns out in the open and get advice. I have struggled to find a good church to attend from then on, I have struggled because I miss my home church, and I have just been struggling with my faith. I am working on it and trying to get back on the "bandwagon," but it has just been a hurdle. There are so many questions that can not be answered and I am trying to understand and grasp that HE has a reason/plan for everyone. I do believe that God's plan for me is to teach/work with SPED, but getting through the hurdles of life is the tough part.

All I am asking from you is that you keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I face my FAITH hurdles face on. I have never ever been told life is easy and I do not expect that. I expect and hope to follow HIS plan for me. I do know that IT WILL GET BETTER, but right now I am in the middle of it and struggling. I want it to get better, but I do believe that this issue may take TIME. I may not like it, but that is my life and situation right now. My ultimate goal is to Follow HIM through thick and thin and that is what I am going for. I remind myself of the quote "Never, never, never give up" and I keep telling myself that over and over again. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers in advance. They truly make my day special!
******************************************
On a lighter note, remember to wear green today!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

18 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, He has a plan for you. But it's more than that. It's something that He CREATED you for... a place that only you can fill and giftings that He gave only YOU.

I know what it's like to have challenges. And when you have to work harder than everyone else, it makes you that much stronger. And able to understand when someone else struggles too.

One of my favorite quotes, "don't waste the lesson". Use it for good. Let God work through it, and work through you.

You are a blessing!

Tim said...

Elyse,

I am praying for you now just as always. Try to keep in mind that He often sends us adversity to help us grow in our walk.

Im with Rachel. I believe that you are struggling as you say for a reason. God is working now in your life. Stay focused on finding His will. It there is anyone I know that can stare adversity in the face and break down the walls, it is YOU!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Courtney and the Boys said...

Elyse,

I've always liked the quote, "If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it." I'm with Tim...it's in times like these that you will grow the most in your relationship with the Lord. You have the best outlook knowing what your ultimate goal is and keeping your heart open to be led by His plan for you. Hang in there, girl. I'll be praying for you!

Courtney

Martha said...

Elyse~ I am so glad that you shared this with us. I love Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope for the future." I think you are going to be a wonderful teacher. I know the Lord has great things in store for you. I will pray that the Lord will help you through these struggles. Love, Martha

C.C. Almon said...

Continuing to lift you up in prayer Elyse!

Lisa said...

Keeping you in my prayers.

A FiveOh4 Uplifting said...

Praying for you daily.

Hollie said...

Have I told you I love you?!...you are precious! Thank you for being so real and sharing your faith with us. You are so strong...you will get through this and be able to witness to others because of it! I am on my knees praying for you, girl!

jag said...

Praying for you as you find your way through His plan.
Hugs!

Jill (Sneaky Momma) said...

Hang in there Elyse. I'm on the other side of recent faith hurdles. Here are some verses that helped me during that time:
Psalm 51
Phillippians 3:13-14
You WILL clear these hurdles. I'm sure of it!
Praying for you.... :)

Kelsey said...

Just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you!

Jennifer said...

Don't worry, I'm in a similar place. You've just gotta keep your faith, keep studying and praising Him, even if it's just in your bedroom. College is the hardest time to stay active in a church. I'll be praying for you.

Suzanne said...

Oh, Elyse. All of us are struggling! I think that's why those who don't follow Him are skeptical...but that is life. I have noticed how when things get tough, I really get praying and when things are good, I'm busy with busyness. Sometimes it's just Him nudging us in the right direction. Hang on to that faith through prayer and know that He is in control! I know that many others will be encouraged by your honesty. Take care!

Beth E. said...

Hang in there...I promise it will get better. In the meantime, continue to hold on to God's unfailing hand. He will never leave you or forsake you. :o)

Praying...
Love ya,
Beth

Beth E. said...

Elyse,
Right after I read your post, I went to this one:
http://homekeepingheart.blogspot.com/2009/03/seeds-family-worship.html

Check out the video in the post. Sounds like a great plan to me. :o)

Love ya!

Julie said...

I have often struggled...I will be praying!

Alicia said...

It's true girl...HE does have a plan for you! It's always comforting to know that others share the same struggles, and in that you can find strength, but with Him holding your hand, you make it through! Keep your chin up sweetie!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Thanks for posting this. I really appreciate your honesty.

Hang in there! Many prayers for you!