Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Smoke alarms and muffins...oh my (updated)

This morning I was feeling a little domestic and make a batch of apple spice muffins and a batch of pumpkin muffins. Then when I opened the oven and took out the muffins it happened. My spoke alarm went off and would not shut back off. So what did I do? I ripped the battery out. Yes I will eventually put the battery back in, but it keeps beeping like crazy when I try. I am letting the smell of smoke fumes disappear then I will try again. Gotta love apartment ovens that fume of smoke.

**Update**: The muffins did turn out great! As for the recipe, since I am allergic to gluten, soy, wheat, nuts/tree nuts, I used a Nastame muffin brand mix that does not have any of my allergies in it. I have found that the mixes are really good. I just added a little Pumkin spice Pie and Apple spice Pie seasoning into the batter. Glad everyone thought my story was interesting!!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!!

6 comments:

Harris Boys said...

oh no!! hope the muffins were still yummy?

Sunny said...

Your blog is TOO CUTE!!! I actually set off the alarm while we were camping the other day! We ended up having to take it outside. At least we knew that it worked! :)

Nikki said...

The muffins sound delicious! I hope they still turned out alright! Any big plans for Fall Break?

Tobi said...

Sounds delish! Would you be willing to share your recipe?

Nonni said...

Glad your muffins came out good. Sound yummy!

You might ask that your oven be checked by the apartment people. That should not have set off your alarm, as I'm sure you know. Apartment living is different, huh?
I am very disappointed that my appliances are so CHEAP. Good thing I don't cook much here.
Good luck tomorrow and have a Blessed Wednesday in spite of quiz.
Lots of love,
Nonni

The Microblogologist said...

Reminds me of Christmas, I was here instead of back home and decided to make the best of it and roast a duck and make a nice dinner. I think it was after the duck was done the CO detector went off, I ignored it awhile but it was too annoying so I ended up opening windows and going outside and eating in my car while the apartment aired out. A few hours of work, a campus cop, and three firemen later I was able to go to bed, lol.