Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Q&A for the Food Allergy Blogger conference

This year, I have the opportunity to travel to a Food Allergy Blogger conference in November and I can't wait. The conference has asked bloggers to answer three to five questions given so I thought I'd share with you as well.

** What motivated you to start blogging about food allergies?
Food allergies are apart of my everyday life. I remember what it was like when the food allergy world felt secluded and I don't want anyone to ever feel that way. I also learned to cook allergy friendly and like sharing my secrets and recipes with others. Just because I have food allergies, food allergies don't define me.

** Which blog posts are you most proud of and why?
I enjoy trying new recipes and experimenting so I love to share my creations with others. I am also proud of my posts about defining a person as a whole person and not just because they have x.

** What is the best thing about food allergies?
The people I find who "get it" and the community it brings. There are so many that deal with life threatening allergies and it's nice to connect with others who understand.

** Who do you look forward to seeing/meeting at FABC and why?
The people I have connected on twitter/facebook/email of course. These ladies and gentlemen rock my world on a daily basis and I can't wait to meet them in real life.

** What other blogger would you most like to meet and why?
I actually have two who talk with me daily and we've connected and joined in a friendship. Homa and Jenny truly rock my world and their friendships mean so much to me. Homa encourages me on a daily basis and she is a wonderful friend to have in my corner. Jenny understands the allergy walk of life and is a great friend who I can connect with outside of allergies as well. I am so looking forward to meeting them both!

I can't wait for November and to have this wonderful opportunity excites me.

2 comments:

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Have fun! What a great opportunity for you!

Elyse said...

Thanks sweet woman! This is majorly out of my comfort zone but it's getting easier. :)