Friday, April 26, 2013

Don't judge a student by their past

Today, I nearly lost it with a teacher. This doesn't happen much. However, she crossed that imaginary line that one has about a student's behavior. 

I was in the behavior unit today and things can go crazy to quiet at the drop of a hat. There's no preparation and I truly love each minute. The teacher entered the room.

The teacher interrupted my class, introduced herself in my class, and to the student she would be working with next week. At lunch, she then proceeded to tell me that she isn't sure how well this would work since she's seen the student at her worse and has heard things about her. 

Seriously?! Have you lost your mind lady? 

We ALL have our issues. We ALL have our meltdowns. We are human. 

Don't judge a book, or in this case student, by their cover. 

Give people a chance. They may surprise you!

No comments: