Saturday, April 20, 2013

Low carb, high protein, low sugar, low cal...Healthy eating frustrations

Bear with me as I just spill my thoughts in this post. I am frustrated and annoyed.

Why you ask? 

I've stopped losing weight. My first 55 pounds I lost was a combination of exercise and calorie counting. That was it. I didn't have to count my protein. I did keep my sugar in a normal range but I didn't have to agonize of why I lost weight. It just came off.

Enter in about six months ago. I just stopped losing weight. I am still building a little muscle but the scale isn't moving and it is frustrating. I've done high protein, low carb. That kept me full and I enjoy the high protein however, I didn't lose weight. I went back to what I did post-college and did calorie counting. It didn't work. I weigh and measure my food. Still, nothing. 

I refuse to take supplements, aka fat burners, since I want to keep it off. Plus I want to lose it healthy and not gain it all back after going off it. 

I really don't know what to do next. I am doing some more research and reaching out to some fitness gurus/friends who do this every day. Something has got to give. 

Sigh...one day I will start losing again. I just want to be healthy. I am eating well and hoping something will click again soon.

For now, I will keep doing what I am doing.

I don't want to be thin. I just want to be healthy.

No comments: