Thursday, March 14, 2013

Planks, crunches, push-ups, & squats oh my!

I've never been coordinated. I don't deny it. I am one of those people that needs a personal bubble. I don't have balance and needed to start somewhere. 


Plank, crunches, push-ups  and squats seemed daunting but I accepted the challenge. I used the below as a guide to what I would do. 


The first few days were rough but I discovered that, little by little, I am getting stronger. My plank is now over 2 minutes and I can do over 50 squats without feeling sick. I use the daily guide as a baseline and challenge myself to do more and what I am capable of. 



To keep myself accountable, I post my daily on my instagram account and it's linked to my twitter account. It helps me stay on target and I look forward to next month's challenge too. 

Don't let planks, crunches, push-ups, and squats intimidate you. If you're fit or just starting on the weighted journey, everyone takes a first step in the morning and that, my friends, is the key.

Take the first step and live a healthy you! 

No comments: