Thursday, November 3, 2011

I've got some explanin' to do

Life has been a whirlwind and I apologize for keeping you hanging. One of my dear friends has a daughter in the ICU. She just had her ventilator removed today after multiple days. It is amazing. Karis has such a long way to go but this is a step in the right direction. She is in an enormus amount of pain and is still struggling though. Her care page is here. She's only 9 and my heart breaks. I've been going up to see her all the free chances I can.

I accepted a long term substitute job last week and started this Wednesday. I've been subbing so much lately and have felt the "first year teacher effects" lately. I have this job until the Christmas holidays. It's great and very time consuming. I am at school until around 5-6 most days. I deal with all sorts of students. I am subbing for a resource teacher. It is fun and demanding all at the same time. :)

Done by 8-I'm totally worthless after 8. I spend my nights waiting for bedtime and get up way before the sun rises. I will get back into the jig of things but am having trouble adjusting this time.

So...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: