Thursday, September 1, 2011

September's NaBloPoMo...say what??







Good afternoon, everyone. I decided to participate in this September's NaBloPoMo this year. It's a simple task, in theory. Just post every day all month long. I've decided to take on this challenge.




September's theme is return. I take that as a point of returning or changing. This is a perfect theme, for me, actually. Change is happening all around me and this is a good way to accept it.




Back when I was a little girl, I remember my family moved a bunch. I was never asked if I wanted to move. We just moved as a family. Every move provided change but I didn't have to be in control. My parents were. Looking back, I truly wish I could be a kid again and not be in total control of my life. When I was a kid, I was told what was going to happen and it happened.




Ever since graduation, my world has changed dramatically. Moving from an undergraduate, in college, to an adult is scary. I am forever grateful that I still have the option to live under their roof as the job market is not great right now.




People say that change is good. But, honestly, I stay way away from change if I can. It scares the beejeevies out of me. But, I am taking the first step and admitting that.




I look forward to the upcoming journey and working on accepting change daily.


No comments: