Monday, July 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday...Baked squash tops grilled pork chops



Howdy everyone! I hope you had a great fourth of July! Don't live in the US, well I hope you had a fantastic Monday.

I thought about Tasty Tuesday all day on Monday. What could I showcase that was good for you and still had good taste? Then it came to me. This is one of my latest creations that came to me in late May. It is just simple, mouth watering, and that good. {If I do say so myself :)}

Baked squash tops grilled pork chops

Serves: 4

What you need

* Squash-about 6-8 (boiled until tender)

* Cubed Pork Chops (cooked/grilled)-4

* Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese-shredded (I used 1 block)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*

In a oven-safe pan, cube squash. About half way through the cubing, layer squash with cheese.

Place the remaining squash on top and top with cheese. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes while allowing the cheese to melt.

Place cubed pork chop in a bowl that you will use to eat. Use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup per person. It's about a small handful.

Once the cheese on the squash is melted, take dish out of the oven. Using a serving spoon, place a generous helping of squash on top of the cubed pork chop. Allow cheese to melt onto meat. (About a minute).

Simple, fast, and ready in under 30-35 minutes. I've been told that's good for a one bowl meal. ;)

Enjoy!!


(Want more yummy and healthy recipes? Click on the above button)


No comments: