Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Rosemary-garlic baked chicken



Let's talk chicken! A good, roasted chicken makes me weak at the knees. The aroma in the kitchen is absolutely amazing. The anticipation of that first bite totally excites me. I love a good outcome of an attempt, yes attempt, in the kitchen. I will be the first to tell you that chicken is very, very forgiving and you can pretty much put anything on it and it will taste awesome. Trust me, I've accidentally put too much of something on it and it turned out a-okay.


Forgiving I tell ya.

Onto the recipe! Monday night, I made Rosemary-garlic baked chicken. It was that good.

Rosemary-garlic baked chicken
* Preheat oven to 350*

* Oil or pan-spray a glass dish (I used an 11x17).

* Take a whole chicken and place it into the dish.

* Take out the heart/lung/guts in the inside of the chicken.

* Peel 2 cloves of garlic and place in the inside of the chicken.

* Pour one tablespoon of rosemary into the chicken cavity.

* Add 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the cavity.

* Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of rosemary around the outside of the chicken.

* Rub the chicken with the oil and rosemary.

Make a foil tent to protect the chicken from getting too brown. The tent is not too hard to make. Make a ^ with the foil. Do not directly cover the chicken completely. This is a barrier for the chicken. Only a bit of foil is needed.

Once the chicken is tented, place chicken in oven for one hour. Remove foil tent after 45 minutes. Let chicken cook for 15 minutes longer. After an hour, take chicken out of oven. Slice chicken while hot or wait for chicken to cool before serving.

Enjoy!


(I participated in Good & Tasty Tuesday. Want more recipes that rock, click on the button)

No comments: