Saturday, November 7, 2009

Friends don't always stick around

This past week has been FULL of life lessons and multiple meeting times with one of my dearest advisers here in Collegetown. I have learned that people mature over their years in college and through life and some people or so-called friends don't want to stay in a friendship for the long run. Now I have witnessed several people mature over the past few years and I am proud to call them my friends.

But the people who drag you down and dwell in their own self-pity with out seeing that others care for them has been on my heart lately. Sure everyone goes through rough times but after time and time again of reaching out...sometimes you have to let go. Sure that door will be open if anyone wants to regain friendship...but I am moving on. Honestly...I will be anyone's friend...but I am learning that sometimes it takes people longer to mature.

But they are not holding me back or taking me down with them!

No comments: