Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Every year, each holiday comes and goes so quickly. This year was like every other. The Fourth of July came so quickly since June passed in the fast lane. I am amazed at how much I look forward to each holiday now. Sure Christmas is nice and good, Halloween is very sweet, but the Fourth of July truly is one of my favorite holidays during the year. I like being able to remember what our founding fathers accomplished and seeing the beauty of the earth surround everyone during this holiday. Sure the fireworks are great, but the memories of a celebration with family and friends to commemorate the past lasts a lifetime.


I wanted to say THANK YOU to our military men and women who fight for our country. You allow me to be "free" in my own country and I am extremely grateful! If you have a family member who was wounded in the fight for freedom...they are now heroes in my heart. Every person who risks their life is a hero in my book. THANK YOU


Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr. stated: "Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

So while your eating, celebrating, or watching fireworks...remember our founding fathers and what they did to make a America today.

Happy Fourth of July!!!!




No comments: