Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday...and 300th post

Good morning everyone! Hope your day is going well...mine is better than yesterday's too. Even though my previous post was sad, I will try to make this one happier...here I go!
****************************************************
I realized this morning that Coleman's soul is now with Jesus and that just warms my heart more than you can imagine. During my 20 years, I have lost many in my life. Some were friends, some were family, and some I just knew by association. Many are now looking down on us now and smiling because they see with Jesus/God that we are well and happy...most of the time! I have lost 2 aunts to cancer and hopefully they agree with the plan I am on. Cheryl and Penny meant so much to me and I am in awe of their strength that they fought with. I am in awe of all that Coleman fought with!
****************************************************
Today marks my 300th post and I am amazed in the fact that I have already written 300...time sure does fly by...does it not? Beth Moore once stated "Where in the Bible does it say life will be easy? If it does, show me...I would love to know." I have to say that life is not easy sometimes, but other times, it just shines. I am amazed what this bloggy world has done for me. I have created and gained friendships, I have grown to love sharing my stories, I have grown to love many children, and my relationship with God through many of you has strengthened. YOU have encouraged, put me in my place, and just showered me with support and I am very grateful!
****************************************************
Now onto Thankful Thursday:
** I am thankful for Coleman Larson being with Jesus now! His fight on earth may have ended...but he no longer suffers!
** I am thankful for the time I have spent at home lately...I needed it and am so grateful for my family and friends!
** I am thankful for the troops overseas who risk their lives to fight for America!
** I am thankful for my home Church (FUMC Grapevine) and how special it makes me feel.
** I am thankful for those people who guide me and make lives easier!
** I am thankful for those who protect and serve America.
** I am thankful for the people at HSU who make me feel like family and make me feel special on a daily basis!
** I am thankful for life and all that God has blessed me with!!!!
****************************************************
So today is a long post and many things have been written. Thank you for reading and always being there with your comments...they really do make my day.

Hope you have a great Thursday!!!

15 comments:

Jill (Sneaky Momma) said...

I am so sorry to hear of Coleman's passing. My heart goes out to his poor family, yet rejoices for him because he is with Jesus.
Congrats on your 300th post! Awesome!

Nicole O'Dell said...

thanks for joining in on Thanksgiving Thursday! You have a wonderful list of things you're thankful for.

Prayers continue for Coleman's family!

The Thompson's said...

Great post. There is no better blessing than to realize all that we have to be thankful for.

Lindsey said...

YAY Congrats on your 300th post! Keep on writing, love your blog!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh, I forgot to mention:

I grabbed your button for my blog.

You asked about how p90x was going...I have a private blog where I record my thoughts and results everyday. If you want access, email me @ nicole.odell@yahoo.com. I just need your email address to add you.

The McNulty Family said...

BEAUTIFUL post! Big hugs from Cali.
XOXO
G
ps: I'm thankful for blogger buddies like you!

The McNulty Family said...

oh and CONGRATS on 300! You are AMAZING and WE love you blog!
xoxo
Gen

BoufMom9 said...

Beautiful post. I hope that Coleman's family can find comfort in Christ.

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart sweetie.

Junita said...

I wish more young women were like you - generous, kind, and grateful.
(I think you and I are neighbors)

Courtney said...

So sorry to hear about Coleman's passing. It is so reassuring to know he is in the presence of our Lord.

God Bless!

Courtney and the Boys

Beth E. said...

Congratulations on your 300th post! That's great! You are a beautiful young woman of God, and I am so very thankful that you are a friend of mine. :o)

Honey Mommy said...

Thanks for this post. I have been feeling a bit blah lately and i know i need to concentrate on things I am thankful for!

The White House said...

Happy 300th! I am sad for all the losses that you have had. So glad that the Lord gives us much to be thankful for as well.

LORI said...

WHAT A NICE LIST OF "THANKFULS"! THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG!