Saturday, June 29, 2013

Looking & learning from by brother

My brother, lately, has been a total rock star for me. He typically is a guy of few words and isn't always the easiest to talk to. However, since my sinus surgery in early June, he has been my rock star. He checks on me, still, and makes sure I am okay. Usually, he is there when I need him most.

Tonight, I came to the realization that I need to take notes from him. 

I will admit it. I get grumpy around nine and brushed him off when he had a question. My heart swelled up, though, when he said "I'll check on her if she makes noise." 

You see, around 9 he is tired too and my parents or myself usually deal with the dogs. Well, I was ready to be done for the day, our parents are out of town, and his phrase"I'll check on her if she makes noise" refers to our Doberman who can bark and get crazy at random times. He said the right thing at the right time. He is actually listening to me and helping me. I nearly fell over. ;)

This boy drives me crazy on a daily basis. He is SO laid back and black and white. He is not easily bothered and doesn't get upset that often. Gosh, I would love to have a little of his laid back-ness. :) He is also seven years younger than me. He may be taller and wiser but he may never know how much I gain from him as a brother.


To be carefree and so laid back...a dream

He cares and it truly shows when you stop the craziness called life and just listen to him.

This weekend has been awesome. Actually, this month has been awesome and I am truly grateful for my brother. I am learning that I have to let go and be a little less structured then I am all the time. If he can do it, I can try. 

He allows me to be real around him, isn't afraid to tell me I am losing it, and is making me a better person. 

No comments: