Sunday, November 11, 2012

On any given weekend morning

I love the weekends. However, with four dogs who act like children, weekends tend to get earlier and earlier.

For instance, this morning, my 16 year old poodle started scratching at my door to go out at 6:15. I was able to put her back into bed until 6:45. Then I had to get up.

I put everyone outside and the Goldendoodle refused to come back in. That's fine since she loves the windy weather.

Enter in three of the four dogs. I feed Holly her canned GI food. Since I spoon feed her so it doesn't all get in her hair, we go outside. Buddy joins us and tries to eat every bite. He's been known to steal bites from her opened mouth before. We go back in the house.

I try and eat a snack of GF/sugar free pancakes but the dogs decide they need them. So I give them sizes per mouth. I end up eating very little. Figures

I feed Lola and Buddy after the pancakes are gone. I also start the coffee. Holly makes herself comfy in my lap.

Coffee is ready and I get up again. Lola jumps the gate (She doesn't have to jump...she's got skills) and goes to the gated off area. I let Ember in to eat. Buddy and Holly peck at each other as to who sits on my lap.

Barking goes on and the wind is howling. It's now 8:15 and the dogs and settling back down.

8:30: Scratch, scratch, scratch at the door and the process of letting the dog out repeats itself.

The dogs start barking as the neighbor is doing yard work at 8:30 in the morning and I feel like I need a nap.

Just another weekend with the dogs!


Posted using BlogPress


No comments: