Saturday, October 20, 2012

Eye roll in the classroom

This past week, I spent a majority of my time in a Second grade classroom. I have subbed in this class twice before and knew that there were some issues. However, I had lots of disrespect issues. I mean, come on, the eye roll in second grade. A young student did not like my answer when I responded to him and gave me the eye roll when I answered him.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That is one of my pet peeves. I mean, the kid was in second grade and already has the eye roll down pat. My stinker sweet student learned his lesson on Friday. After I discussed his issue with the team, he moved his clip whenever this occurred. I think he got the message loud and clear.

Drives me batty but it is something I deal with day in and out in the classroom. Teaching, however crazy it is, has been confirmed as my calling and I love each and every day. Whether I deal with eye rolling or being called any name in the book, I still love teaching with or without the eye roll.

No comments: