Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happiness is a choice

"Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want." 
Jim Rohn American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker.

I received this quote this morning and it truly struck me. This idea has been on my heart a bunch over the past few months. 

Happiness is a choice that I choose to live by day in and out. Some may not see that but that's what I believe. Whether I have events in my life that are not my favorite or news that is not good, I choose to be happy when I can.

Maybe it's my personality, okay I know it is, but I like myself more when I am happy and have a smile on my face. 

Who wants to be around Debbie-downers day in and out? Who wants to be put down buy people? I hope the answer is no one. No one wants to be around people who are not positive or uplifting 90% of the day. It's a personal choice. 

Only you can control your mood that you put off to people. Only you can choose happiness or to be a Debbie-downer. Only you can make that call. While life is not all flowers and butterflies, you choose who you want to be. Life is full of ups and downs, but when you can, I challenge you to be happy and smile!

Today, I choose happiness!!

No comments: