Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Perfectly Perfected chocolate pancakes

I've done it and I am so excited. I've created a pancake recipe that tastes just like the wheat/gluten free one I remember before food allergies. I am just SO EXCITED and I just can't hide it. :) Without further a due, I am happy to share my perfectly perfected chocolate pancakes that are soy free, nut free, gluten free, and wheat free.  Can be made egg/milk free by substituting a milk substitute for the milk and an egg replacement for the egg.

Perfectly perfected Chocolate pancakes 
Makes: 10-12 2-inch pancakes 

Ingredients 
* 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour 
* 1/2 cup White Rice Flour 
* 2 teaspoons Baking Powder 
* 1/4 teaspoon salt 
* 1 egg 
* 1 cup milk 
* 2 Tablespoons oil 
* 1/3 to 1/2 cup Ah!laska chocolate syrup** 
* 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice (optional) 

Directions 
 + Heat pan on medium heat. Rub pan with oil or butter. 

+ Combine flours, baking powder, and salt together. Stir to combine mixture. 

+ Add oil, milk, and egg. Stir and stir all ingredients to combine. Add chocolate syrup and stir thoroughly. Add in spice if you choose to. 

+ The mixture will be thick and a bit lumpy but there should not be any flour bubbles. 

+ Cook on heated pan and use about 2-4 tablespoons per pancake. 

** Ah!laska chocolate syrup is free of corn syrup and artificial ingredients. It's Kosher, organic, and delicious. Use chocolate syrup you have on hand. 

+ Top with favorite syrup or eat without syrup. I actually love the sugar free version of Vermont syrup best. Tastes just like the real thing without the extra sugar. 

Typically, I double or triple this recipe to allow for extras and snacks for later. :) 


 Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: