Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy being me

Life doesn't have a road map. It's not always black and white nor does it always make sense. But, there are lessons in each hurdle.

When I was first diagnosed with food allergies, I asked myself what will I eat? How can I survive without xyz? Then I discovered it wasn't the end of the world. Sure, I was not able to eat most, brand name foods but what did that really matter? I thought it was the end of the world but I was wrong. I ate different food. Who cares? Sure I get upset, some, when I can't have what everyone else is having but it's not the end of the world and I still have things I can eat.

 When I was 11, I went through some really rough patches and difficult times. I don't speak about it a bunch because it was one of my roughest times. But I got through and the people that helped me through that I am forever grateful for.

 To this day, I have lost 53 pounds and gained muscle that I've never seen before. Was I happy with those 53 pounds previously? Not necessarily with the weight but I was still me. I was still that person who smiled and was perky. Being THAT big was a reality and I can't believe I was that big. But was it the end of the world? No, I just took control.

Life throws curve balls but it's how you handle it is what proves most important. I've suffered but I am trying not to let it get me down.

Currently, I am happy being me with food allergies, sinus issues, more muscle, anxiety, asthma, and less weight. 

Life isn't a cakewalk but I'll take mine.

No comments: