Saturday, April 7, 2012

Then vs. Now: In my own skin {weight loss}

I shocked myself last night when I was looking through old pictures. I couldn't believe how "big" I looked from a lens perspective. I knew I was over weight but thought I hid it well. I was totally wrong. I could dress up and make myself look "good" but the camera sees a different side of things.

THEN

NOW

Between poor eating habits and not taking care of myself, it all started adding up. I would exercise every once in a while. But who was I fooling? I need to exercise most days or it will start creeping back without a doubt. I have been counting my calories with My Fitness Pal for over 15 months and log everything I put in my mouth. I am drinking more water and working on eating more protein. Still, to this day, I carry my weight in my face and midsection. It's a pain but a good reminder.

Right now, I've lost 50 pounds and still have more to go. It's been a S-L-O-W process but it is working. There are days/weeks that there is no weight loss but there is muscle growth. I can tell. I can bend my arm without "flexing" and see muscle. Slowly but surely my bat wings, under arms, are getting trimmed. I don't have the constant double chin that I position just right to avoid it captured on film. I am toning up my legs and feeling good in smaller shirts.


To this date, I am down three shirt sizes and still working on it. I still don't/won't do things that stick to me but love the way I look in the picture above. My hips have always been "big-boned" and I am not afraid to admit it. I've been told by my workout trainer that "I'm built" for heavier weight lifting and he usually gives me heavy weights to lift. ;) It hasn't been easy but I've learned to like working out with my workout trainer and enjoy staying under my calorie limit. There are splurge days, of course, but not as many.

I am finally happy to show that I can wear more than a sweater, smile, and feel good inside and out!

No comments: