Thursday, February 23, 2012

So the recovery begins

I got home last night around 7:15. Escaped an overnight visit and have been sleeping in and out. I'm very swollen and sore.

Surgery went well. My doctor was amazed at how much scar tissue there was from the previous surgery. There was also a lot of swelling even on prednisone. He was able to take out the bone regrowth, put in the two stints, and clean out my right side. He did, however, find a large infection in my left side that he took out as well.

Now we wait to see if we're still dealing with a fungal issue.

I'm sore and raw, as expected, but am hanging in there. Pain meds are on board and I'm trying to drink fluids. Popsicles are the only thing that sound good right now.

Taking it one day at a time, one hour, and one minute too.

Thank you for your prayers. I truly appreciate them.


Posted using BlogPress


No comments: