Sunday, February 19, 2012

Counting down until surgery day

I've kept quiet for a long time but am ready to write about what will happen on Wednesday morning.

On Wednesday, I will undergo my second sinus surgery. This one, though, will be more intensive than the last one (8-8-11).

All of my right sinuses are blocked and they will need to be cleaned out. This time, I have bone regrowth, from scar tissue, that is blocking my maxillary and frontal sinuses. Apparently it's a rare side effect from scar tissue that I've been blessed with. My ENT will take the bone out and put stints in to hopefully disallow the scar tissue to regrow to bone again. It just sounds lovely doesn't it? I did the deviated septum the first time. I'm thinking this will be like it. {gulp}

I am still thinking that I'm dealing with a fungal infection though since only my right side has issues. The ENT will do biopsies to determine if this is the case. If it is, we do more anti-fungals and go from there.

I've waited as long as I could but it's evident that this has to happen sooner rather than later. I haven't slept well in weeks, I have constant pressure, and am miserable. It's time.

Counting down until Wednesday...


Posted using BlogPress


No comments: