Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Apparently, I am the worst person to shop for

According to my family, I am officially the worst person to shop for this year.

I had NO clue what I wanted for Christmas this year. I am the type of person, just like my dad, who goes and gets what they need. So, for instance, if I needed a new flash-drive or picture frame, I'd just go and get it.

I don't mean to be difficult, really. So, this year, I struggled. I actually went to Teacher's tools and picked out a few things I would like. Then, I gave my gift card spiel and gave suggested authors I would like classroom books by. Anyone can write a book but a good book requires prestige and appeal. A few of my favorite authors are Eve Bunting, Denise Fleming, Rob Scotton, Eric Carle, and Patricia Polacco. These men and women write fantastic and award winning children's books.

I've already been told that I need new clothes, which I do, so will be given money to get some.

So, in a nutshell, that is my list. I gave suggestions and tried not to be too limiting. I love shopping for other people and usually go overboard on siblings and immediate family.

But, if you can't tell already, I don't like shopping for myself!

No comments: