Sunday, September 11, 2011

One of my favorite places in my house

Today's post is prompted by NaBloPoMo's prompt: Write about your childhood bedroom.

I don't know about you but I LOVE my bedroom. It's my space to unwind and relax. It has a soothing feeling about it.

We moved around a bunch when I was a kid and when we moved into our current home, 14 years ago, my bedroom became my sanctuary. It is a place that I've shed tears in, laughed at, surfed the web, watched movies, and more.

It is mine and I am proud of it.

Three years ago, my room, the four major walls below the trim, was repainted a lavender color. This makes it so peaceful in the mornings and evenings. Two major bookshelves are on my window side of the wall and my bed is in the middle perpendicular to the bookshelves. I always keep the shutters closed as I have full exposure in the mornings and it takes so little for my room to become overheated.

The bookshelves are filled with books, trophies, awards, plaques, dolls, and stuffed animals. Immediately facing my bed, on the opposite wall, is a bulletin board. To this day, I still have Christmas cards on it and crafts given to me. It makes me smile. There is an Chester drawer/mirror and tv stand facing my bed as well. It just works for me.

To the left of my bed and in front of the window sits a piece of antique furniture that belonged to my Nonni. It is my dock for my computer, holder of treasures, and shelf to possessions. I have a night stand by my bed too. Currently, I have three alarm clocks (including my phone), a sound machine, medication, pens, cough/throat drops, pens, a notepad, CDs, a flashlight, a bible, and magazines.

On the right side of my bed is the door to my closet, sink area, desk, and door out of my room. Right now, my desk has documents on it, books, nic-nacks, coupons just clipped, and a cool thermometer that has water/liquid in it. Under it includes my decorative pillows that I don't use unless I totally make up my bed with the comforter and all.

In between pieces of furniture or below them can include storage containers and/or equipment.

99% of the time, when I come into my room, I sit on my bed and either read, use the computer, and/or play with my phone. My bed provides rest and relaxation. My bed has lavender jersey sheets on it, a flowery quilt over the sheets, and a blanket/comforter that I only use if it is ridiculously cold or I am leaving for a while and just want to make it up.

My second favorite part of my room is my closet. I organize it about every three months. I hang 80% of my clothes and also have games, teacher tools, notebooks, storage, and learning materials in it. There are also textbooks, college notebooks, books, and more in my closet on the shelves.

When I was younger, I used to go in there to think and just chill.

It's not as big as it used to be. ;)

Where's your favorite room in your home?

No comments: