Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hand written notes matter

Call me old-fashioned but, in my life, hand written notes matter. As a young child, I loved getting mail. Grandparents and extended family made my day sending me a letter. While going through Nonni's place, I found a stash of letters she received from various people.

Every year, Nonni would get me some type of stationary. It was our thing. I would get a present and then send a hand-written thank you. It was what I did.

To this day, I still believe hand written letters are important. At an early age, Nonni taught me the value of thanking someone with a personal letter. Today, people can thank eachother via phone or email but, to me, it's more polite to send a thank you note or card.

It doesn't have to be complex. It doesn't have to be long. It just has to be as simple yet thoughtful.

To this day, I keep most of my received cards in a box and review them from time to time.

It's a nice gesture and may make someone's day.


- Posted using BlogPress




No comments: