Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good and Tasty Tuesday-Scalloped potatoes



Good Tuesday morning to all! I am especially psyched today as it is the first day that I *get* to go back to work and feel "normal" after my sinus surgery last Monday. Granted, I still have some recovering to do. But I feel so much better.


Onto my dish of the week: Scalloped potatoes. Really simple to do and food allergy friendly.


Scalloped potatoes
Serves: 8+


Ingredients~
* 6 Large Russet potatoes-washed and sliced into think slices
* 2 cups shredded cheese-we are an extra sharp cheddar family :)
* 1/2 stick butter
* 1/2 cup Brown Rice flour (I am allergic to wheat. Use what you have on hand)
* Salt and Pepper


Directions~
Preheat oven to 375*. Either spray or butter a 9x13 pan. Slice potatoes. Place a layer of potatoes,brown rice flour, S&P, and cheese on the bottom of the pan. Just sprinkle the brown rice flour. Layer the rest of potatoes, cheese, and brown rice flour. On the second to last layer, cut butter into cubes and place around pan. Then layer the last of the pan. Be sure that it is potatoes, flour, S&P, and cheese.


Cover pan with foil and place in oven. It takes about 45-60 minutes to bake. In the last 15 minutes, uncover pan to allow the potatoes to brown.


Enjoy!


Want more yummy recipes? Click on the button. :)

No comments: