Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Mozzarella Caprese with grilled chicken



We all LOVE good food. Well I am here to tell you that I had a genius idea on Monday night, if I say so myself, and created an easy mozzerella caprese salad and added grilled chicken to the mix. It was sooo good and a filling dinner for my entire family. They even wanted mozzarella caprese for dinner tonight. Go figure!


How do I create this fabulous salad? Easy peasy! This served four with a cup of salad left over.

You will need:

* Grilled chicken (mine marinated in lemon/lime juice for 2 days and then was grilled)

* Tomatoes-I used four LARGE ones :)

* Mozzarella-I used fresh mozzarella (8oz)

* EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

* Basil

* Salt and Pepper

Instructions: Start by cutting the mozzarella into small cubes and place in a bowl. Once it's all cubed, drizzle a bit of EVOO on it about 2 teaspoons of basil on it. Cube the tomatoes and add to the mixture. Add EVOO and more basil to the mix. In the end, I probably used 1/8 to 1/4 cup of basil. Do not be afraid of it.

Drizzle a bit more EVOO on the salad and toss. Total EVOO used was only a half cup for the whole salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. After it's chilled, cube chicken. Place a serving or 1/4 to 1/3 cup of salad in a bowl. Add chicken and stir/toss.

Enjoy!

No comments: