Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the flesh

Rachel gave me this idea and I really enjoyed reading her post "In this skin." Thanks for the idea, Rachel.

I remember a saying that states "what you see is what you get." It's true...sometimes.

In this flesh, of mine, I am not happy all the time.

I have never been a skinny girl. I've always had curves.

I have struggled with my weight for years. I am not a size 6.

I do not like talking about sizes. I prefer the S-XL system. I do not give my size out to anyone that is not family or my Best Friend.

Weight may be important to some but it's just a number to me.

I would like to loose some weight in the future and feel great inside and out.

I would also like to enjoy exercise again.

I really enjoy hugging my immediate family as it makes me feel accepted.

I've been judged because of my weight and height.

I can hide my excess weight and suck it in pretty well. I, of course, know what's really true and in the flesh.

I've made excuses and have done the on/off exercise routines.

I see those who loose weight easily and wonder "why not me?" Why is it so easy for others?

I would like to meet a guy...someday and have him accept me for me. My daddy has high expectations for his daughters and I'm sure my brother would put his two cents in as well.

I have learned to love baking and cooking. I don't expect a size two of me or this body. It's not happening!

I want to feel comfortable in my own flesh again. I want to be proud of my body.

I realize I will be curvy but I want to be healthy too.

I just want to feel beautiful inside and out.

This is a struggle that I deal with every day.

I want to look good in a tank top {or even a bathing suit if I am brave}.

I want to look "good" and just not pass myself off as acceptable.

I have learned and heard that if you want to do something for yourself, it has be driven by you.

Weight loss may be a current struggle but I want to feel good in my own skin and flesh.

I want to be that confident, caring, and awesome person everyone sees. {As I am told}

I want to be comfortable with my body.

This is my story in the flesh!

No comments: