Monday, May 24, 2010

Real life today

There is a reason that I took a week hiatus from my blog and it is that I needed a break. My life has had severe ups and downs these past months and has thrown me into a loop.

In late April, I was diagnosed with Mono. Fast forward to mid-May and I had feet surgery. This all happened while I was taking 19 hours of school in April and a Minimester in May. Do not feel sorry for me! Life happens! I had two double whammies thrown at me over the past month and a half. I am now hoping my fatigue is almost (hopefully) gone and my toes heal quickly. Hobbling around is not the most fun thing to do.

In all honestly, I have let several things go including my weight. When I was diagnosed with Mono, I was told no working out and then the feet surgery happened. I can barely walk on my big toes let alone put a shoe on right now. Working out has not happened since I have had zero energy. I do like working out and am hoping to return to it soon. I just have to put one foot in front of the other, literally, and take it one day at a time. It is a difficult process but I am up for the challenge this summer.

Weight has always been a struggle for me. I am 6 feet tall so I can "hide" it well. I don't wear shirts that stick to me. I have never own skinny jeans. As hard as I try to lose weight, it always comes back easy. I have tried many things but my weight is always looming over me. I don't look that bad but inside I crumble. I don't want to be a runway model, I just want to be healthier and look good. As hard as I work to lose the weight, it comes back so easily and this frustrates me. I want to look good but will not starve myself or go on a fad diet. This is not my character. My character and nature is to workout, eat healthy, and lose naturally. It is a daily struggle!

I have learned that life is a daily struggle and it is a choice to take it head on!

No comments: