Monday, May 31, 2010

Blackberry & Raspberry Crisp

By now, I hope you know that I have food allergies but do not let them get in the way of my life. I have loved cooking since I was a little girl and still love it today. Making treats for myself and family is a passion of mine and I am excited to share my newest creation with you. Introducing...the Blackberry & Raspberry Crisp...

Now for the best part...my family LOVED it and it is all gone now. Below is the recipe, which I know you really want. ;) Substitutions are in parenthesis.

Blackberry & Raspberry Crisp

24 ounces fresh or frozen (completely thawed) blackberries
24 ounces fresh or frozen (completely thawed) raspberries
1-1/4 cups sweet rice flour
1-1/4 cups brown sugar
1-1/4 cups plus 2 Tablespoons butter (margarine will work too)
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375*. Grease 8x11 pan well. Place blackberries & raspberries in the pan. Cut up 1/4 cup butter and place over the blackberries & raspberries. In a small bowl, combine the sweet rice flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir. Then add softened, almost melted, 1 cup butter into mixture. Mix well and be sure that butter is combined with dry ingredients. Pour or scoop mixture over berries. Cut up the 2 remaining Tablespoons of butter and place on top of crisp mixture. Bake at 375* for 40-45 minutes or until crisp is slightly browned.

So there you have it! An allergy friendly dessert that the entire family will love!!! My mom gave it a 10 out of 10! :)

No comments: