Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

As I was driving home from collegetown and got near the BIG city...a conversation arose on talk radio. The talk show was talking about the meaning of Christmas and how some people say "Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays." In my opinion, I am not bothered if someone tells me "Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas." BUT apparently...a few callers did not appreciate taking Christ out of Christmas and got really offended. Christmas is not the only holiday around December and I do not believe we should be limited to saying just Christmas.

Some people who celebrate Christmas even say "Happy Holidays." I do not believe that saying "Happy Holidays" will take Christ out of Christmas and I am certainly amused at people who think so. If you know the person then I do believe you should say Christmas/Holidays, but honestly...there are bigger fish to fry and I choose to skip this battle and say both!

What do you think about saying Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays? Does it make a difference which one you say?

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: