Monday, June 29, 2009

Life is not always Peaches & Cream

You know what??? Life is not always Peaches & Cream. Life throws everyone, yes everyone, curve balls and whenever you don't want one...BAM! Most of you know that I am infection-prone and have a low and prone system for infection. Last year, my fabulous allergist put me on a preventative antibiotic to try to stop all the blessed sinus infections after my Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy. Well it worked some of the time, yes I still got a few; but not as many. Then Mr. Allergist, who I LOVE and Adore, thought it might me good to go off of it during the summer and then go back on it during the cold/flu/spring season.

I had my doubts but agreed. Well I have been off the preventative antibiotic for two weeks and BAM...I now have FOUR infections. On Friday, I was diagnosed with a double ear infection and a sinus infection. Then my asthma kicked in over the weekend (lovely, I know) and I was diagnosed with Bronchitis today. Let me tell you when those breathing treatments aren't helping every FOUR hours, something is wrong. I am miserable and KNOW I will get better soon...but come on...this is RIDICULOUS! Oh and there's another kicker...due to my strong antibiotics, inhaled steroids, asthma medicines, and oral steroids, I could possibly get thrush (yeast infection) in the mouth as well...Well ain't that grand!

The fact that I was around coughing/sneezing kiddos last week may not have been the best idea, but I had no idea this curve ball would HIT me like this. So my sweet peeps, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Thank you for the continued prayers! I really appreciate each and every single one of them.

PS: As soon as I am feeling better, I will post picts from last week's VBS!

Enjoy your week!!!!

No comments: