Saturday, March 14, 2009

Teacher/Mom question...about glue

Hi guys...hope you are having a great Saturday. Listen, I have a question for all of you. Don't laugh, I really mean this one.

What kind of glue do you recommend for pasting things down?
Do things stay stuck after you use this glue?
*********************************************************
You see, I am in an art class that is requiring a bunch of pasting and I am tired of re-gluing after gluing because the glue won't stay down and stick. I have tried Elmer's (purple on dry clear) stick and UHU Stick Glue (purple on, dries clear). I am curious to see what you guys think is the BEST one. Remember, I want it to stick and stay stuck on the paper.
***********************************************************
Your help is greatly appreciated

11 comments:

Courtney Kay said...

Target Brand glue sticks!

Jill (Sneaky Momma) said...

I like double sided tape for paper projects. Have you tried Tacky Glue for crafts?

McCrakensx4 said...

For that kind of project, try spray adhesive. It works pretty good and you can move things around to before it dries! Good luck! And if you are still wanted to use glue sticks...scotch 3m brand works pretty well...it is in a green case and is like a clear gel. Hope you find something that works for you!

~the eight of us~ said...

Elmers Rubber cement glue... it is also good cause when we use it the paper we are using doesn't wrinkle or get warped. (If that makes any sense) Once we glue it down real good we never have problems with things unsticking. It is what we use for the projects the children do.

Martha said...

I use tacky glue for everything. It really sticks. I use it with my kids at school, and when Kylie has a project to do. You can find it at Hobby Lobby. I hope that helps! :)

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

I love tacky glue (brown bottle) for everything!!! I buy mine at Walmart in the craft section. Its pretty cheap and works great.

Modge podge also works wonderfully - its what I used to make the gift bags for Jacks party and nothing fell apart!!

Beth E. said...

Looks like everyone has some great suggestions...I have tried the spray adhesive and it worked great for me.

Love ya!

jag said...

I also dig spray adhesive, but I always worry about overspray. Maybe use it in a protected area. I've also used Modge Podge and glue sticks. Hope you find one that works for ya!

Following Him said...

Ya'll are truly amazing :) Seriously...I will have to fiddle around to figure out which one works best, but just had to say that you all are amazing :)
~Elyse~

BoufMom9 said...

I agree. I use spray adhesive! It works fantastic!!!

ps I will have an award for you on my Sunday evening post :)

Julie said...

I never had any luck with glue sticks. Regular Elmer's Glue has always worked the best for me!