Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2 Amazing offers in 2 days...

So I have a father who believes networking is important. Well, a guy (who I babysit for) who used to work for my dad e-mailed me this week and asked if I would be interested in an internship with S.N.A.P. this summer. You see, he is on the board of Directors as is another lady, (President of the Board) who I have worked for (babysitting,) and asked if I would be interested in developing a more spiritual based program for people (teens/adults) with cognitive disabilities. Let me tell ya, I was HONORED. SERIOUSLY! To be thought of is an amazing opportunity, but this is so COOL! Nothing is set in stone yet or put in contract, but I will let you know as the details develop.
**********************************
Well today I got a message from my church back home and was asked if I would be willing to intern as the Children's' intern for the summer :) I LOVE my HOME church. The people are AMAZING and the staff is AWESOME! Golly gee, what another honor!!! I have given an informal "yes" already and it is being described as a part-time, ten hours a week internship. I will meet with church staff on my Spring Break (9th-13th) to pan out details and learn more. Again, I will let you know more when I know :)
**********************************
Right now, I want to do both and am hoping I can. I voiced an interest last summer about this church internship, so I am so excited :) Life is stressful right now and summer is still months away, but to already to panning out summer details is cool :)
**********************************
One of my babysitting contacts has already contacted me to see if I would be HOME this summer too. Can you believe in a few months that summer will be in full swing? Seriously!!!!
**********************************
Hope you guys are having an amazing week. Yes it may be stressful or overwhelming, but the weekend is near. Can you believe it? I can't! Life is sure flying this week!

12 comments:

jag said...

WOW! What a girl you are (and EVERYBODY knows it)! I'm SO happy for you and the organizations that will be blessed by your participation.

Hollie said...

SO AWESOME, Elyse! What an honor is right! You deserve it!!! Praying the rest of your week is smooth and a little less stressful!!

Rachel said...

Whoo - you are one busy girl! And apparently a popular one too! :)

I'm not surprised that God has brought these opportunities to you. Just praying along with you for wisdom and provision as you choose what He would have you do with your talents and time.

Congrats!

Tobi said...

Congrats that is so wonderful! I hope you get to do bothe internships. They both sound like great learning opportunities!

amanda said...

praise the lord. how awesome!!??! and it makes me feel like summer is super close. yay! :0)

Julie said...

Congrats! That's great! So glad that things are looking up for you!

TCM said...

Wow girl, that is just wonderful! Oh how blessed you are and don't you just wonder of all the things that God is going to show and teach you over the summer! Congrats, you deserve it! Keep that beautiful smile glowing!

Suzanne said...

You are such a blessing to your church and those kids you'll be working with! What a tremendous opportunity. I love it when I see His people being used!

E said...

Congrats on all of the opportunities! That's so cool.

=0)

Elaine said...

How wonderful for you.

Nonni said...

Haven't been on the computer much for a few days, so just read your wonerful news!! Congratulations on all these wonderful opportunities. You are so, so deserving. I am very glad other people are recognizing what an amazing and wonderful girl you are. Love you much.. God Bless,
N.

Beth E. said...

This is such wonderful news! What amazing opportunities for you AND the children you will work with. I'm looking forward to hearing more details later one.

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Beth