Monday, October 14, 2013

Top 8 free chocolate chip muffins

I've finally done it. Well, in my world. ;) I've been working on this recipe for a while and it is finally perfected. I recommend foil cupcake/muffin liners and all is right with the world!


Top 8 free Chocolate Chip muffins

Makes 24 muffins

3 cups brown rice flour
1 cup corn starch
2 1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt 2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil (I used canola)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/4 cup water
2tsp vanilla
2Tbs apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup chocolate chips (used Enjoy Life's)
3tsp guar gum (can use xanthan)

Pre-heat oven to 350* and line tins with liners.

In a large bowl, combine flour, starch, soda, salt, guar gum, and sugar. Wisk until combined and fine. You could sift but I just wisk. Add applesauce and stir. Add in water and then oil and stir to combine. Add vinegar and stir. Stir to combine all ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and vanilla.

Using a spoon or measuring cup, pour batter into lined tins. If using a measuring cup, each tin has a little less than 1/4 cup of batter in each one. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments: