Monday, April 15, 2013

Dealing with tragedy of today's world

My sister will be attending Law School in Boston. She will be starting in the fall. Once I heard of the explosions during the Boston Marathon, my heart sunk for the many families affected by the explosions that occurred during the race today. We had a few family friends at the race. Their 20 year old daughter was running it. One of my church members ran it too. Everything was hunky-dory until the first explosion went off.

Insert panic

Cell lines shut down, mass emergency personnel went running. Chaos occurred. Hell unfolded before people's eyes. I can't imagine the senses some have seen today. I can't imagine what went through their minds. I can imagine, though, my sister being in Boston and me not getting a hold of her. I can imagine being so scared that I can't talk with her.  

Relationships may not be the best but panic ensues when explosions occur. Panic of not hearing from your loved ones, not being able to communicate with them, and not having that instant communication. That, in itself, is just hard and unbearable. 

My heart goes out to those who were affected by today's chaos. My heart goes out to the families that are dealing with this event. My heart goes out to all who have to process and deal with this tragedy  This wasn't random. It was personal and planned. I hope justice is served and people are able to live their lives once they deal with the tragedy their own way. 

Hug your loved ones tonight. Say "I love you" and pray. No one can fully prepare for tragedy or panic before it occurs. How you respond can be remembered though.   

No comments: