Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I am my family's Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper, played by Jim Parsons, is a hit on the Big Bang Theory. My family watches it daily and it is a riot. At first, I didn't get into it. But, since my family watches it nightly, it grew on me. 


Sheldon Cooper portrays a uber geek-like character who is so black and white. He also portrays an Autism spectrum disorder and does it so well. Parsons does not have Autism in real life but portrays the characteristics so well in the show. Things like change, crowds, humor, and inconsistencies drive Cooper up the wall. He doesn't understand metaphors and brings up subjects that are not everyday conversations. This includes psychiatric issues and personal issues as well as relationship status' and conversations.

My mom has started calling me Shelton and/or Jim Parsons. I, too, notice that we are alike in a few ways. Some of the humor I don't get and sarcasm isn't always read too well. I don't always get jokes and think something is funny when it is not. I will admit that I need sarcastic comments explained frequently. Change and I are complete opposites and it takes me a while to warm up to something new.

So I admit it...

I am my family's Sheldon and I am proud of it.

No comments: