Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chocolate cinnamon pancakes

Tonight, I created one of my best ideas, I think, I've come up with in a long time. I get tired of just pancakes and when my family had pizza for dinner, I decided to experiment.

The outcome-chocolate cinnamon pancakes and they were awesome. I was asked to share the recipe with you and I was happy to.

Chocolate cinnamon pancakes
Makes: 24 2inch pancakes

Ingredients
1 cup white rice flour*
1 Tablespoon sugar (heaping)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 1/8 cup milk
2 Tablespoons oil
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons cinnamon

{* This recipe is wheat free. If you can have wheat, feel free to sub it in for the rice flour.}

Directions
Heat skillet or pan on medium. Oil pan.*
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Be sure to get all the lumps out.

{* I've found that buttering a skillet is not as effective as oiling.}

With a small ladle, pour pancakes onto hot griddle. Depending on your thickness, cooking time will vary. Flip pancakes once.

Top with syrup and/or butter and enjoy.


Posted using BlogPress

No comments: