Thursday, August 4, 2011

Going under on Monday

Yes, you read right! I am going under the knife, aka having surgery, on Monday morning. Why you ask? Well, it seems that my right side of my face and sinuses are having issues. Okay, massive issues.

Basically, when I had my CT done of my sinuses 2 weeks ago, the CT showed chronic sinusitis and blockages/polyps in all of my right sinus cavities. Even the back ones are blocked. My left side, thank goodness, is okay and "normal" looking. The ENT is concerned that this could be a fungal infection as it is only on the right side of my face.

Adding to the chaos, and due to the pressure on my right side, I also have a deviated septum. It is being pushed to the left. So this will be repaired as well.

I don't know why but I am really nervous. My last surgery, my T&A, was pure hell. I was on liquid Tylenol and pain medication. I am truly hoping I can do pill form this time.

If you would, please say a few prayers (and send good vibes) for me this weekend and before/after surgery. I am hoping to keep you updated via twitter on the right side of my blog. Twitter is such a sanity saver these days (for me).

Not the best of news but I am hoping this will help alleviate the pain and pressure I have been feeling for 2 plus, yes 2, months.

No comments: