Sunday, May 30, 2010

Expiration

When is the last time you really cleaned out your pantry and closely looked at the expiration dates?

Well I can honestly say that I did last night and some of the things just shocked me. For example, when I looked at some seasonings that come in a package, the expiration dates were at the very bottom and hard to read. Of course, they were past date too. Then I looked at canned veggies and let me tell ya, those canned expiration are not easy to read at all. Some were out of date while others were not. I learned that "BB" is the new code on some of the cans and that means "best before." I also learned that the cans in the way back are usually expired. ;)

I started cleaning out the pantry to make room for my allergy free foods in a corner and went from there. I go buy expiration dates with foods and if it is a month or year past, it is tossed! No if ands or buts about it, I just look at expiration dates. The most shocking thing I found was a can from 2007! Gross!

When is the last time you went through your pantry? Find anything interesting?

No comments: