Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Comic relief...the the library

For some reason, I have no idea why; boys gravitate around my computer when I am in the library. I don't know if they know it or not, but THEY are my comic relief while I am sitting and working in my home away from home. The conversations I hear are sometimes hysterical and believe it or not, but I usually get asked questions on a daily basis. From spelling to formatting, I am usually asked!

Tonight one guy asked how to spell rabbi and the friends had no clue so they all darted their eyes to me. Without skipping a beat I spelled it and then one guy said..."it's like spelling rabbit without the t." Maybe it is because I am tired but I found this hilarious!

Another guy, who was working on his paper in Turabian, asked me for help. Apparently the teacher wanted something that is not stated in the style manual. Another football player walks by and says..."she [the prof] wants it her way man, just take the notes and do the corrections, or else." I felt bad for the guy doing the paper since he was right and the prof was off but poor kid got the message after the prof destroyed the paper with a green pen that he will have to do it the "prof's way" or else!

So yes...my homework may be prolonged a little later but at least I can still smile in the library even when school is stressful!

Laughter is the best medicine

No comments: