Sunday, March 8, 2009

NOT ME Monday


I don't know about you guys, but I had one of the BEST weekends of my entire lifetime. Seriously! It was my dad's 50th birthday bash and it was kind of a reunion of sorts for all the football players and friends.

MckMama is a pure genius and will so make my Monday this week. Seriously...she rocks my world each week with this FREE therapy. Now onto what you really want, me to hush about me, and just say what I did "not do."

** I did not party like a stinkin' rock star till 3:30am on Sat. night/Sun. Morning. I then did not proceed to drive 10 minutes home after that. Even though I was exhausted, I did not have trouble sleeping after a fabulous evening.

** I did not have the best time with my dad's old football buddies last night. Seriously...all of his buds were mostly there and I heard about an amazing time he had in college!

** I did not do absolutely nothing on Sunday but drink iced tea, eat, and lounge. Now I know why I don't party like a rockstar every weekend. Btw...I NEVER EVER stay out that late, but am so glad I did this weekend.

** I did not laugh hysterically when my sister, who was not in 4inch high heels, fell while at the party. I would be so much more concerning than that.

** I did not learn that my SNAP internship decision is only 3 weeks away. I also did not learn that the board did not not meet last week, so I was sweating for nothing. Now I will not wait impatiently patiently for the decision that could open new doors for me.

** I do not actually enjoy doing the dishes. Something about scrubbing away frustration on some of those day...which I had none of this weekend!!!!

** I am not a tad miffed that my family is going away on Saturday for a convention for my dad's work. My sister, brother, and mom are not tagging along too. I will not then sleep in my home for the last night in two months by myself. Yes I will have the dogs, but it will not be the same. My siblings' Spring Break is next week while I have 3 tests already scheduled. It sure is tough being "adult" about this though :)

** I did not enjoy doing no hmwk/studying this weekend. I did not feel so FREE :)

** I am not on Spring Break this week!

So I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Can you believe the weekend is over? Why does time like to go so fast? Hope ya have a great day. MckMama sure makes Mondays easier too :)

Have a wonderful Monday

23 comments:

Rachel said...

I am SO jealous of spring break right now!

I am super glad you had a great time at your dad's party - sounds like fun!

Have a GREAT week!

Martha said...

So glad that you had a great weekend. I hope you can rest and relax during your spring break!!
Martha

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

I am so glad you had such a good weekend. You work do hard on a regular basis you definitely deserved this break. I hope you have a wonderful spring break!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Too funny...what is it about laughing when people fall?! And 4 in heels, wow, she is braver than I! We,too, are on spring break and so excited to have a free week of play it by ear days! Have a fab Monday!

Beth E. said...

I think your sister is very brave to walk in 4-inch heels! I would kill myself...and probably three other people...by falling flat on my face!

I'm glad you are enjoying your break. I wish I could talk my boss into having Spring Break! LOL

Hope your week's an awesome one!

Suzanne said...

I wish I could party like a rockstar! If I stay up too late, I'm useless for the rest of that day! Have a great week!

E @ Scottsville said...

YEAH FOR SPRING BREAK! My kids and hubby are at home - sleepin' in... while I'm here at work. Oh well, I shall be happy that I have a job in today's economy, right?

Great NMM's. =0)

Tobi said...

Hip hip Huzzah for Spring Break! You deserve some free time! I'm glad you had such a happy weekend!

Ali said...

Omygosh, can you come over to my house and not scrub my dishes? That would not be totally awesome!! lol

Thanks for stopping by, its nice to "meet" you! =)

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Yes! Spring break... I wish Ihad one!
Good luck on the internship, i know how hard it is to wait sometimes!

Ashley said...

So not jealous that you are on spring break this week! I do not wish I was on break this week and am not counting down the hours until mine starts on Friday afternoon! :)

amanda said...

yay. enjoy your spring break!!

Jill (Sneaky Momma) said...

Sounds like the party was a smashing success! :)

Lorie said...

I always laugh when people fall too....I don't know why, but it cracks me up.

Girl, if I had stayed up til 3:30 am I would be paying for that for weeks to come.

Samantha said...

FOUR INCH HEELS?! My goodness, she's brave!

Sounds like you have a fab week!!

Heidi said...

I am jealous...spring break already! I think mine is soon. Shouldn't I know the answer to this...lol! School is frying my brain.

Wayne said...

great not me mondays I know you shouldn't but I laughed at my sister too when she fell over I guess somthing just takes over

Julie said...

SO glad that you are having a great spring break so far! You deserve it!

BoufMom9 said...

What a great list that made me smile :)
Happy Monday!

Emily said...

sounds like u had a much needed amazing weekend:) yeah for you:)

shopannies said...

everyone needs a bit of fun

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend! Have a wonderful spring break lucky duck!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Sounds like you had a great week. Hope your spring break is wonderful.